Newly Self-Employed

New to Self-Employment? Wondering what to do?

Answer ALL your questions.

  • Answer ALL your questions.
  • Register you with HMRC.
  • Provide a simple record keeping solution.

There is a lot to consider when you become newly self-employed, such as record keeping, knowing what expenses you can claim for, understanding the taxes you are liable for, remembering when your tax return is due, the consequences of missed deadlines etc.

Alpha Accounting can answer any questions or concerns you may have. We will explain the basics of record keeping and what you can and can’t claim for. We will also explain the various taxes you may have to pay, including your self-employed stamp (class 2 NIC), the income tax rates and thresholds, and class 4 NIC rates and thresholds.

Initial consultations are free of charge.

HMRC registration

We can complete all the necessary documentation on your behalf and register you with HMRC. Our procedures are designed to make the whole process simple and hassle free. Here’s how we work for you.

As all business is conducted remotely by email, telephone & post, you don’t even need to waste your time visiting our offices, simply contact us at a time that suits you.

  1. You provide us with your personal details, name, address, DOB, NIC number etc.
  2. We complete all the relevant forms and email them to you for signature and return.
  3. We submit the forms to the relevant department of HMRC.